Comprehensive boat insurance
Seahorse Underwriters offers our customers and agents agreed value policies underwritten by “A rated” carriers. Our ability to quote and bind within minutes and provide prompt, professional, and courteous service are what distinguishes us from the competition. We provide coverage on a wide range of hull values from $5,000 to $30,000,000. Whether you’re a broker, private pleasure boat owner, or professional fishing guide, get a quote today!
If you don’t have a separate boat or private watercraft insurance policy, you’re probably underinsured. Most homeowners insurance policies have size restrictions, limitations on horsepower, and limits on damage coverage for watercraft. We can customize a policy for you that includes:
- Liability coverage, which protects you against damage to others or their personal property
- Collision coverage to protect you against accidents with underwater objects and other watercraft
- Medical payments for accident-related injuries
- Damages to any accessories, such as personal items or fishing equipment
- Uninsured boater liability, which protects you if you’re in an accident with a boater who has no insurance
- Total loss replacement if your boat is destroyed
- Towing for your damaged boat
- Emergency expenses to cover temporary living expenses
- Fire and theft coverage for your watercraft contents
- Competitive rates
- Coverage for individuals, partnerships, and/or corporate/business owners
- Hurricane safe harbor reimbursement
- On-the-water towing
- Bahamas and Mexico coverage available also
Professional fishing guide program
The Seahorse Professional Fishing Guide policy is available to serious anglers who need comprehensive coverage. Whether you operate a full-time or weekend-only guide service, this program provides coverage that fits your needs. Our ability to quote and bind in minutes combined with our prompt and courteous service sets us apart from the competition. Get started today!
- Agreed value paid on total loss; no depreciation
- Liability for you and your crew
- “A rated” coverage by one of the largest marine insurers in the U.S.
- Expedited claims service for striking a submerged object—so you can get back in business in no time!
- $5,000 Fishing Equipment Coverage included
- $1,000 Towing and Roadside Assistance Coverage included
- Dockside Liability
- Tournament Fee Reimbursement
- Uninsured Boater Liability
- Medical Expenses Coverage
- Covers charter fishing with a maximum of six passengers and includes private pleasure coverage for the owner
- Temporary substitute boat liability coverage provided if the boat is out of service for repair or maintenance
- Includes coverage for the transport of paying customers to duck blinds and hunting camps
- United States Federal Longshore & Harbors' Compensation coverage included
- Wreck Removal Coverage
- Includes coverage for personal use and tournaments
How to file a claim
Please take the following steps or your claim could be denied.
- Immediately report all accidents/claims to Seahorse Underwriters or your insurance company directly.
- Take all reasonable steps to protect the boat from further damage.
- Do not start permanent repairs or dispose of damaged parts until the insurance company can inspect the damage.
- Refer to your policy booklet to comply with any other requirements specified by your insurance company.
To file a claim:
- By phone: Call 800-277-6698, Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Central time
- Online: Complete the online claim form
- After hours emergency line:
- Atlantic Specialty policyholders: 866-253-0325
- American Modern Home/American Southern home policyholders: 800-375-2075
Become an Agent
Interested in becoming appointed with us? Please complete the form below, and we’ll be in touch shortly.
Personal insights & resources
Fatal Car Accidents Increased 7% in 2020 (Article)
How to Increase the Efficiency of Your Refrigerator (Article)
9 Reasons to Review Your Insurance Coverage (Article)
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, LLC. CA License #0C64544