Protect yourself from life's rainy days
What would you do if you found yourself in one of these situations:
- You, your spouse or your teenage child is determined to be at fault in a collision with another vehicle, and the damages exceed your car insurance’s liability limits.
- Your dog bites a cousin who is visiting your home from out of town, and you’re now responsible for the cousin’s ER treatment and medical costs.
- A neighbor’s child falls off the trampoline in your backyard, and the parents subsequently sue you.
Are you prepared? It’s important to understand personal umbrella and excess liability insurance and how this coverage can help protect your family and your livelihood.
The term "umbrella" refers to the way this policy shields your assets more broadly than your standard auto and home coverage.
You may need umbrella coverage for its additional features, including:
- False arrest
- Invasion of privacy
Get the extra coverage you need, beyond what your home and auto policies provide. You may need excess coverage for:
- Legal costs and court fees
- Lost wages while appearing in court or at a hearing
- Interest accrued on unpaid judgments
Personal insights & resources
9 Reasons to Review Your Insurance Coverage (Article)
Swimming Pool Safety Tips (Article)
5 Home Renovations That Affect Your Insurance (Article)
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544