In partnership with McGriff and Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina
As a business owner in the maritime industry, would you like to save on your medical insurance costs? Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina has partnered with McGriff to offer an Association Health Plan specifically for Maritime Association of South Carolina (MASC)(opens in a new tab) members.
We understand that smaller employers have limited medical insurance options. With this Association Health Plan, qualifying MASC members can pool their risk together and enjoy an average of 10%–20% savings on their medical insurance costs.
- MASC member
- Headquarters in South Carolina
- Have at least two employees
- Business must be directly related to the maritime industry (inquire if unsure)
This plan started on December 1, 2020, and employers may join at any time.
Why join the MASC Association Health Plan?
1. Local representation and focus
- Operated for and by South Carolina Maritime Association members.
- Be involved in the decision-making process at your individual group level, as well as the Trust level, and control your benefits decision.
2. Single source solutions
- All benefits information is entered into one system and displayed on one bill.
- One-stop shop for ERISA, HIPAA and COBRA services, benefits enrollment and eligibility, as well as all your compliance needs. No more hiring multiple firms with separate systems to manage your ACA obligations!
3. Plan design flexibility
- Maintain control of your plan design.
- Customize your medical plan and choose from numerous dental and vision plans.
- Your plan remains fully insured without the worry of potential premium increases associated with ACA and Community Rating.
4. Cutting-edge technology
- Access to the best benefits administration technology and compliance technology available in the marketplace.
- Improve the efficiency of your benefits team by easing its administrative burden.
- All information is stored and transferred in a secure environment, which means your personal data is safe.
5. Integrated compliance assistance
- Ability to facilitate ACA reporting requirements such as 1095, 1096, 6065 and 6066.
- Receive customizable reminders for compliance requirements via Compliancedashboard®.
6. Financial soundness and transparency
- The plan is fully underwritten, which means you get the best of both worlds: premiums based on your employees’ experience, plus the protections of pooling together with other maritime companies to provide long-term rating stability and more predictable renewals.
- This fully insured environment means no more worrying about cash flow issues and potential risks associated with a self-insured plan.
7. The largest PPO network
- Get access to the deepest discounts in the state of South Carolina and the U.S.
- Your employees and their families will not have to worry about accessing high-quality health care when it matters most.
- You no longer have to wonder whether you are paying a fair price for health care services within the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina network.
8. Attentive customer service
- Your Account Manager will learn about your group and work to build a personal relationship with you.
- Your staff can call on one reliable person with intimate knowledge of your eligibility, billing, accounting, benefits and wellness.
9. Premium savings
- The MASC Trust helps employers access better benefits and premium savings through the economies available in association health plans.
10. MASC member benefits
- When you join MASC, you gain access to unparalleled advocacy, programs, training and strategic connections.
Questions? Want to get a quote?
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. McGriff Insurance Services is an authorized agency for BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina. Capstone Administrators is an independent company that provides administration services on behalf of your health plan.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544