Architects & Engineers
Autonomy & Innovation
Architects & Engineers
Design professionals know there's no greater satisfaction than building something that stands the test of time. For more than 40 years, we’ve built a solid reputation as insurance and risk management experts for the building and design industries.
Here at McGriff, we understand the risks you face. We'll customize a solid plan to protect you against professional liability, identify and manage risk, and implement cost-effective coverage.
Autonomy & Innovation
Through our forward-thinking Autonomy & Innovation Practice Group, we provide insurance that meets regulatory requirements across state and international boundaries. From delivery pods to semi-trucks and everything in between, we’ve got you covered. Look to us for:
- Regulatory compliant auto
- Equipment stack
- Products liability
- Technology errors & omissions
- International partnerships
- Cyber liability
- Directors & officers
McGriff’s Chemical Practice Group understands that no two chemical risks are exactly alike. With clients ranging from fertilizer distributors to chemical manufacturers, we know the chemical business and have the expertise to craft creative solutions designed to address your insurance needs.
Our dedicated team maintains an in-depth awareness of the chemical insurance marketplace, and we’re well prepared to structure comprehensive risk solutions regardless of your appetite for risk assumption or transfer. We’ll develop a competitive insurance program designed specifically to address your risk exposures.
Some of our current clients include:
- Industrial Chemical Distributors
- Fertilizer Applicators and Manufacturers
- Industrial Chemical Manufacturers
- Chemical Wholesalers
- Agricultural Chemical Manufacturers
- Pesticide Distributors and Manufacturers
On stage or backstage, you're a superstar to us. We'll provide a personalized risk assessment and then find the best coverage and price for:
- Agents and managers
- Animation companies
- Conventions, fairs and festivals
- Entertainment venues
- Equipment and instruments
- Film and video production
- Music and stage events
- Producers and distributors
- Recording studios
- Shell or "loan out"
- Touring groups
McGriff offers specialized protection and risk management for individuals and businesses involved in sustainable enterprise. We represent top-rated, green-coverage insurers and can address all facets of the sustainable enterprise industry, including:
- Clean technology
- Green-certified businesses
- LEED-certified buildings
- Energy-Star-rated buildings
- Professionals and stakeholders
- Recycle owners and developers
Over the years, our team of equine specialists has insured numerous Kentucky Derby starters and a few thoroughbreds that have crossed the finish line ahead of the field.
As experienced horse owners, our specialists know everything there is to know about the industry — from mortality and transit protection to racetrack workers' compensation. Trust us with your insurance needs; we'll treat you like a champion.
McGriff has the expertise and capability to handle your association’s insurance needs. We offer several coverage options for our association clients (condominiums, homeowners, townhomes, etc.).
As your insurance partner, we keep you up to date on industry trends and make sure you’re aware of changes in coverage and how those changes affect your association. We pride ourselves on our strong relationships with property management companies and boards. Look to us for:
- Insurance placement (commercial property, flood, general liability, etc.)
- Certificates of insurance
- Personal contents coverage
- Specialty condo coverages (wind, flood, bonds, directors & officers)
- Claims advocacy and management
- Risk review
- Ongoing program monitoring
- Pre- and post-disaster planning
Although we provide a broad array of services for those in the legal profession, most attorney clients rely on McGriff’s expertise in the area of professional liability. Our dedicated Executive Risk Advisors team has expertise in large, complex professional liability claims—working in all major markets around the globe.
As an independent broker without international-owned subsidiaries or offices, McGriff offers law firms a major advantage based on our ability to select the best broker for any given niche of insurance. We aren’t mandated to use our owned offices as some of our larger competitors are. As much of the global capacity for large law firms comes from Lloyds, our ability to choose the best for our clients gives us flexibility in all London/European markets.
- Our team has a broad array of skills, including underwriting, financial analysis, risk management, legal and actuarial.
- Our Executive Risk Advisors team has structured, placed, and serviced management/professional liability programs contributing more than $1 billion in insurance proceeds toward ultimate settlement of litigation. This success is largely due to the senior-level claims attorneys who draft policy language on the front end.
- We offer extensive experience in single-plaintiff and class-action litigation, including some of the most public settlements of the past decade.
- We offer up-front negotiation of the carriers’ duties and obligations during the claim settlement process.
- We have the experience across all professional liability lines and multiple industries to perform risk identification and analysis, and write policy language for significant emerging law firm risks such as:
- Technology Errors and Omissions
- Media/Intellectual Property Liability
- Cyber/Information Security Risks (first- and third-party)
- Trade Credit
The risks facing nonprofits today are complex, and McGriff has the expertise to be your guide. We can help with essential liability coverage for staff, directors and officers, and volunteers, plus:
- Crime insurance
- Directors and officers liability
- Employment practices liability
- Fiduciary liability insurance
- Special events insurance
- Workers' compensation
- Discrimination lawsuits
McGriff has firsthand knowledge of the railway industry, serving clients from short line operators to customers, suppliers or contractors. We’re also involved with several National Associations such as:
- American Shortline and Regional Railroad Association (ASLRRA) (opens in a new tab)
- National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association (NRC) (opens in a new tab)
- American Railway & Engineering Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA) (opens in a new tab) Disclosure 1
Our membership and active participation in these organizations allow us to keep abreast of emerging issues that can potentially alter your risk exposures. In addition, our attendance at association conferences and meetings allows us to interact with railroad personnel, service providers and insurers to further our relationships and expertise to better serve you.
As an administrator, you have unique and complex risk management issues. You're also very busy. At McGriff, we have the knowledge to identify your critical issues and the resources to offer you a single-source solution.
Our dedicated consultants will perform a comprehensive analysis of your organization, find where you're at risk, and develop quality, cost-effective protection for your facilities, property and people.
At McGriff, we know the unique challenges that staffing companies face; our knowledgeable team includes former risk managers, HR directors, attorneys, actuaries, underwriters and company owners. In fact, three of our senior managers have more than 50 years of combined experience in the staffing services sector. Our combination of experience, knowledge and dedicated customer service has led to one of the highest client retention rates in our industry.
Let us help your staffing company with:
- Contract review, negotiation, and training of branch managers
- Manuscript policy wording
- Payroll audit issues
- Rate identification and class code provision
- Bridging coverage gaps specific to staffing
- Claim oversight, audit and general support
- Training of field personnel
Employees of McGriff are members of AREMA.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544