Protecting your assets and reducing your risk exposures
Today’s global mining community faces increasingly complex challenges that impact both operational mine plans and corporate development strategies. In this environment, it’s important to have an insurance broker with deep knowledge of your industry to help mitigate risks.
As a well-known insurance broker in the energy and mining sector, McGriff has a dedicated mining practice centrally located in Denver and staffed by former mining risk managers and underwriters. Our Mining team has close ties to industry underwriters and offers you an insider’s perspective of mining-specific risk management solutions.
You can count on our team to proactively support your business, help you overcome your unique challenges, and protect your future.
Mining & energy expertise
- Experienced claims advocacy with a dedicated claims team
- Strong market relationship with all leading mining insurance companies
- Proven track record of reducing our clients’ annual insurance costs and improving insurance programs
- Concentrated expertise with significant experience in handling complex, technical insurance placements
- 97% client retention rate
- Over 150 mining/energy clients
- Settled mining claims in excess of $300 million (collapse, mobile equipment, contingent business interruption, mine flooding losses, power plant explosion, plant fire, transmission and hurricane loss, class action lawsuits, and more)
- Property, Machinery Breakdown
- Business Interruption
- Commercial General Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Marine Cargo (Onshore/Offshore)
- Crime & Fiduciary Risk
- Cyber Risk Liability
- Aviation Risks (Owned and Non-Owned)
- Commercial Automobile
- Reclamation Bonds
- Employee Group Benefit
- Travel Accident & Medical Expense, including Repatriation
- Group Retirement Savings Plans
- Kidnap & Ransom
- Captives/Alternative Risk Transfer
Our approach begins with understanding your needs and goals, so please contact us to get started.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544