Keeping you afloat with a solid risk management strategy
At McGriff, our Marine group serves as an extension of your management team. We work with you to develop a comprehensive service strategy and plan our strategic partnership. As marine insurance professionals, we are consultants with expertise and in-depth knowledge of the marine industry. In fact, several of our team members were employed in the marine industry before transitioning to their brokerage careers.
Our specialized insurance programs are designed to meet the unique needs of the marine industry and include tailored comprehensive coverage at competitive pricing.
Who we serve
- Line boat operators
- Harbor services
- Shipyards and repair facilities
- Terminal operators
- Marine contractors
- Barge managers and operators
- Marine transportation companies
- Dedicated towers (liquid and dry)
Program structure evaluation
McGriff firmly believes in a ground-up approach to analyzing your risk and creating a strategy before ever approaching the market. We don’t simply rehash old program methodologies, carriers, structures, and coverage terms. Each member of your McGriff service team is selected based on their experience and is fully familiar with the types of risks faced by your specific operation, as well as the insurance products available to mitigate those risks.
An initial kickoff meeting with McGriff would cover:
- Nature and extent of current and future operations
- Historical discussions on specific or unique exposures and coverage
- Tenure of existing insurer relationships
- The existence of any specific indemnity agreements that should be aligned with the provisions of the insurance policies
- Review of loss history and any large losses
Marine and port liability coverage highlights
- Protection and indemnity
- First dollar defense
- Marina keeper’s liability
- Non-owned watercraft liability
- In rem endorsement
- Water of sovereign immunity
- Terminal operators liability
- Wharfingers liability
- Removal of wreck
- Owned watercraft
- Premises liability
- Personal injury liability
Marine and port property coverage highlights
- All-risk blanket coverage
- Property of others
- Emergency dredging
- Debris removal
- Docks, piers and wharves
- Additionally acquired property
- Contingent business interruption
- Prevention of access
Claims management services
Our most important role in the claims process is serving as your advocate. Throughout the process, we work with your team to ensure that underwriters are informed, that the best decisions are being made and that your company is getting the service it needs.
Other areas where the McGriff claims team will interact with you include:
- Conducting meetings with your management to review all open claims and review the current claims program and procedures.
- Conducting a loss analysis to identify any frequency, severity or trends in the loss activity.
- Monitoring claims activity and reserves set by any adjusters or third-party administrators.
- Working with the defense counsel in strategy planning on claims litigation.
- Serving as the liaison between the insurance carrier and your management.
- Assisting in preparation of claim documentation, negotiation, and settlement of large or disputed claims.
- Tracking time payment of submitted claims.
- Providing an annual claims audit for all lines of coverage.
- Assisting with coverage dispute resolution.
- Creating customized summaries of claim activity.
- Assisting with internal claims procedures and reporting requirements.
- Providing updates on recent legal opinions and/or other corporate governance.
- Recommendations of qualified TPAs, claims handling services, claims recovery services, emergency response companies, etc.
Our approach begins with understanding your needs and goals, so please contact us to get started.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, LLC, are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, LLC. CA License #0C64544