Attending to your needs and reducing your exposure to risk
Not all healthcare providers are alike. Neither are insurance brokers. Our healthcare team is dedicated to serving this industry and its unique needs and challenges. As part of one of the world’s largest independent insurance brokers, McGriff represents almost every standard insurer that provides medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, and other insurance products for healthcare providers.
With today’s challenging healthcare conditions and litigious environment, you need an insurance broker with expertise in your industry and the ability to negotiate coverage and terms on your behalf. At McGriff, we leverage market knowledge and relationships to deliver the best results for you.
As an organization serving our seniors, you face unique challenges in balancing the freedom and autonomy your residents deserve with the increasing risks associated with those freedoms. Falls, elopements, medication errors and various forms of abuse are common risks in your world. At McGriff, our senior living specialists support you with solid, cost-efficient solutions designed for organizations just like yours.
Who we serve:
- Senior living communities
- Rehabilitation centers
- Nursing homes
- Assisted-living facilities
- Memory care centers
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Senior housing owners and developers
- Home health care
- Therapy companies
- Social service organizations
- Adult day-care facilities
- Active adult communities (55+)
There are many risks associated with operating a hospital, and we collaborate with you to quantify and address each one. Plus, we partner with your finance, risk management, and clinical departments to better understand your unique organization:
- Your risk professionals help us quantify your true Total Cost of Risk (TCoR) as we analyze and review your current policy limits, premiums, retentions, and losses.
- Your finance professionals help us protect your margins, cash flow, and balance sheet.
- Your healthcare professionals help us focus on clinical best practices at your facilities.
- Medical malpractice
- Physician coverage
- Cyber risk
- Business income
- Workers’ compensation
- Patient transport
- Supply chain
- Employment practices
- Directors and officers (D&O)
- Pension debt solutions
- Reputational risk
At McGriff, we have a dedicated team of risk professionals focused on serving physician groups so we understand your unique clinical, business, and regulatory challenges. We partner with you to deliver bespoke service plans that drive patient safety and address the following risks:
- Medical Malpractice
- Regulatory Errors & Omissions
- Directors & Officers (D&O)
- Employment Practices
- Fiduciary Liability
- Property, Auto, and General Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Representations & Warranties
- Extended Reporting Periods
Our goal is to support you with solid, cost-efficient solutions specifically designed for behavioral health providers. We have long-standing relationships with financially sound insurance carriers to provide you with competitive pricing on property and casualty insurance, including such diverse coverages as general liability, professional liability (including abuse), commercial automobile, property, umbrella, and workers’ compensation.
Who we serve:
- Youth and adult programs
- Education and prevention counseling
- Group homes
- Residential treatment facilities
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- In-home services
- Individual and family social services
- Sheltered workshops
- Vocational rehabilitation and training centers
Helping you build better employee benefits
McGriff works with hospital systems, physician groups, senior living facilities, ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), and other healthcare organizations to provide benefit solutions tailored to the needs of this specialized industry.
- Collective purchasing and opportunity assessments
- Leave of absence administration expertise
- Benchmarking to ensure medical plans are comparable with the healthcare industry
- Pharmacy/Rx benefit cost management with 340B drug pricing program expertise
- Mergers and acquisitions playbook (integration, harmonization, compliance)
- Union expertise
- Student loan repayment solutions
- Communication and enrollment strategies to reach non-office employees
- Data analytics to drive behavioral change
- HR strategic guidance to streamline your organization
- Strategies to address compassion fatigue
Our approach begins with understanding your needs and goals, so please contact us to get started.
Senior Vice President
Healthcare Practice Leader
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544