Build on our legacy and reduce your exposure to risk
For nearly a century, McGriff has partnered with companies in all sectors of construction, digging deep to understand your unique needs. We’re dedicated to serving the needs of regional, national and global companies across a wide range of construction and contracting disciplines, including engineering, construction, infrastructure services, pipeline/utility, government contracting, and heavy industrial. Our innovative programs are tailored to your risk profile.
annual premiums placed
surety premium placed
Who we serve
- General construction
- Steel erection
- Crane and rigging
- Specialized heavy hauling
- Highway and heavy construction
- Excavation and site
A program designed to fit your needs
Just as design is important to a construction project, program design is vital to a risk management program. McGriff combines best risk management practices with innovative and traditional risk solutions to provide the most cost-effective solution for you.
- Bonding & Surety Services: As one of the largest surety practices in the United States, McGriff has the knowledge, understanding and experience to deliver excellent service, competitive pricing, and the most favorable terms and conditions.
- We’re involved in local, state and national associations to stay abreast of developments in the construction industry, and we use state-of-the-art software to facilitate the surety bond process.
- We monitor and advise you of industry developments in support of your construction risk management programs.
- Many of our Surety specialists are former underwriters with considerable expertise in placing programs for a number of industries.
- Construction Risk Management: McGriff relentlessly pursues creative and innovative solutions to the many challenges you face.
- Legal and Claims Resources: Our in-house legal counsel will assist you with contract review, bond form review, and all bond claim activities.
- Subcontractor Default Insurance (SDI): Since its inception in the late 1990s, McGriff has been heavily involved in the development, placement and evolution of innovative SDI programs, collaborating with our clients every step of the way.
- Subcontractor Prequalification/Risk Mitigation Consulting: Our partnership with TradeTapp delivers a best-in-class subcontractor prequalification technology platform—one that empowers our clients to expand the scope of subcontractor risk analysis; identify and mitigate risk earlier in the preconstruction process; and make better risk mitigation decisions.
- Financial Benchmarking and Peer Group Analytics: We recognize the value of turning data into useful and highly customized Financial Benchmarking and Peer Group reports. This information not only helps identify key systemic market trends, but provides relevant feedback on overall performance and capitalization trends.
- Captive Solutions: A Captive Insurance Program could be an effective strategy to help contractors achieve their risk management and financial objectives. Captive programs provide risk management-oriented companies with several advantages, including:
- More control over claims management
- Underwriting and investment income opportunities
- Alternative risk control strategies
- Long-term, construction-focused solution for managing insurance costs
- Equity growth and wealth transfer opportunities
- Controlled Insurance Programs (CIPs): Also known as “Wrap-Ups,” CIPs are popular on major construction projects. Unlike a traditional program—where contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, and owners all provide their own separate insurance—a CIP allows the sponsor (either an owner or a general contractor) of a large construction project to purchase comprehensive general liability and/or workers’ compensation insurance that covers the owner, contractors and subcontractors for the length of the project, plus up to an additional 10 years. By having the sponsor control the insurance purchasing, they can provide broad and uniform coverage with high liability limits for all contractors and subcontractors under a master program.
- Our CIP experience includes a wide range of projects—commercial offices, multi-family units, hospitals, light rail, pipelines, refineries, schools, highway projects, condos, and more.
- All McGriff CIP services are performed in-house.
- Our CIP administration includes sponsor access to “VUE Wrap-Up,” our robust online Risk Management Information System.
- Claims Consulting: We know that claims dollars are a primary factor impacting our clients’ insurance premiums, indirect costs, and ultimately, profitability. Our proactive and comprehensive claims management solutions focus on mitigating claims costs and reducing the total cost of risk. From beginning to end, our goal is to advocate on our client’s behalf to foster a partnership focused on the timely, fair and equitable resolution of claims.
Helping you build better employee benefits
Whether you’re designing, building or managing a property, our Employee Benefits team will design a strategy that meets your organizational objectives, including:
- Benchmarking to ensure medical plans are comparable with the construction industry
- Data analytics and population health management to help control costs
- Pharmacy/Rx benefit cost management
- Medical stop loss and captive solutions
- Communication and enrollment strategies to reach field employees
- Monthly financial reporting
- Solutions for full-time, part-time and union employees
- Integrated disability insurance
- Voluntary and supplemental insurance
- Best practices to help address workforce turnover issues
- Paid Family Leave expertise across all states
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, LLC, are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, LLC. CA License #0C64544