Even minor mishaps can lead to big lawsuits
As a business owner, it’s important to have liability insurance to protect your assets. Taking these proactive steps can lower the potential cost of liability insurance claims for you and your business:
- Set high standards for your service and product deliverables
- Keep all company records complete and up to date
- Identify hazards on your property that could be potential liability issues and address them
How much liability coverage does your business need?
Several factors contribute to the amount of liability coverage your business needs, and we’ll guide you through that assessment. Two key factors include:
- Risks associated with the type of business. For example, a dynamite factory carries a much greater risk of being sued for personal injury than a small retailer by nature of the products sold.
- The potential severity of a loss. For example, a business that provides health care services has a greater possibility of having a significant liability claim compared to a flower shop.
At McGriff, we have access to risk profiles and coverage amounts for businesses similar to yours. We’ll help you understand where liability insurance, workers’ compensation and commercial property insurance overlap so that you don’t purchase too much of any one type.
Types of coverage
- General Liability Insurance
- Personal Injury and Advertising
- Products and Completed Operations coverage
- Employment Practices
- Professional Liability
- Employer Liability
- Garage and Garage Keepers Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Contractual Liability
- Cyber Liability
- And more
Other types of commercial coverage
- Business Property Insurance
- Inland Marine Coverage
- Business Auto
- Cyber Liability
- Crime Coverage
- Excess Liability or Umbrella Coverage
- Business Interruption Coverage
Business insights & resources
McGriff Market Update: Fall 2022 (White Paper)
Borrowing Considerations to Fund Retirement Plan Liabilities (Article)
Weathering the Storm 2022 (White Paper)
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, LLC. CA License #0C64544