Even minor mishaps can lead to big lawsuits
As a business owner, it’s important to have liability insurance to protect your assets. Taking these proactive steps can lower the potential cost of liability insurance claims for you and your business:
- Set high standards for product quality control in your company
- Keep all company records complete and up to date
- Provide appropriate safety training for all employees
How much liability coverage does your business need?
Several factors contribute to the amount of liability coverage your business needs, and we’ll guide you through that assessment. Two key factors include:
- Associated risk. For example, an auto repair shop carriers a much greater risk of being sued for personal injury than a pillow manufacturer.
- Business location. Some states award higher damage amounts to plaintiffs claiming personal injury.
At McGriff, we have access to risk profiles and coverage amounts for businesses similar to yours. We’ll help you understand where liability insurance, workers’ compensation and commercial property insurance overlap so that you don’t purchase too much of any one type.
Types of coverage
- Employee benefits
- Foreign and international
- Intellectual property
- Personal injury and advertising
- Products and completed operations
- Umbrella and excess
Liability insurance can be purchased alone or as part of a business owner’s policy. We recommend general liability, which offers:
- Higher liability coverage limits
- Professional liability insurance (ensuring you’re adequately insured and costing you less in the long run)
- Customized coverage based on your total risk, not your business size
Business insights & resources
Weathering the Storm 2021 (White Paper)
Spring 2021 McGriff Market Update (Article)
Client Advisory: Employment Law Trends and Potential Impact on EPL Insurance Claims (Article)
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc., are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, Inc. CA License #0C64544