There is no fee to download the McGriff Rx Discount Card
An online pricing tool enables consumers to determine pricing for their specific medications and choose the pharmacy that offers the most savings. Those who have health insurance can compare the savings to what their insurer offers. Savings may be substantial for those with a high deductible health plan. Discounts may vary by prescription, location and pharmacy used. For example, discounts on medications that are highly utilized in a specific area may be highly discounted. Savings on generic drugs are typically much higher than savings on name brand drugs. Most doctors write prescriptions in a way which allows generic substitution since they are clinically equivalent to the ingredient in the original brand.
HIPAA privacy rules apply to health care providers, health insurance plans, and health information clearinghouses that maintain records or submit claims for other covered entities. McGriff’s discount card does not require any personal information for use.
Drug Discount card details
- Free to download
- Member’s cost may be higher or lower than using their prescription benefit
- Savings may vary by drug and/or by pharmacy
- Out-of-pocket cost will not be applied to member’s deductible or out-of-pocket accumulators
- Members who will not meet their deductible can benefit greatly by using a discount card
- Generally accepted by major pharmacy chains and independent pharmacies, Costco, Kroger, Publix, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid
- Some independent pharmacies and chains may be excluded
- Generic medications offer significant cost savings and are clinically equivalent to the ingredient in the original brand
- Savings may not be substantial on some brands such as specialty medications and vaccines
- Easy access via a phone app, webpage, and actual printed card
- Tell your pharmacy that you have a discount card before they fill your prescription
- No limitations on who may use a discount card
- Insured, uninsured, any age, any geography, etc.
- Powered by Capital Rx, based in New York, NY
- Better Business Bureau A rating
- Pharmacy network extends to over 66,000 pharmacies nationwide
- Pricing tool on website and mobile app offers digital or printed coupons
- Discounts on pet-friendly medications may be available at participating pharmacies
- Website does not sell consumer data with any third party
1 - The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reported prescription drug expenditure in the United States came to some 348.4 billion U.S. dollars in 2020. This amount includes only retail drug spending, excluding nonretail. Estimations of drug spending can vary by investigating organization. For the U.S., among the most relevant drug spending calculations are provided by CMS, ASPE (Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation), and pharmaceutical market researcher IQVIA. Prescription drug expenditure U.S. 1960-2020 | Statista
2 - Among those currently taking prescription drugs, one in four say they have difficulty affording their cost, including about one third who take four or more prescription drugs (33%) and those in households with annual incomes under $40,000 (32%), and four in ten Hispanic adults. Americans’ Challenges with Health Care Costs | KFF
Use of the McGriff Rx Discount Card is subject to Capital Rx's terms and conditions.
Insurance products and services offered through McGriff Insurance Services, LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, LLC, are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may go down in value.
McGriff Insurance Services, LLC. CA License #0C64544