Energy & Marine
Powerful Experience. Deep Knowledge.
McGriff’s Energy & Marine Division offers specialty services for clients with worldwide operations and potentially catastrophic exposures. Our expertise in this niche industry has made us one of the largest independent energy brokers in the U.S. and one of the top five energy brokers worldwide.
Our client base includes more than 50 electric/gas utility and merchant energy companies, several coal mining companies, and more than 70 E&P companies. It also includes the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and numerous oilfield service companies, including vessel operators, offshore drilling companies, and international marine construction companies. We will structure and implement a domestic or foreign program for virtually any type of energy-related risk.
We have more than 125 professionals in our energy division. Using alternative risk transfer and traditional insurance solutions, we determine the appropriate combination of coverage and risk assumption.
What sets McGriff Energy & Marine apart from our competition?
- Our service model—we are a specialty broker and we offer unencumbered access to all of our corporate energy resources.
- We provide a stable and senior-level account service team.
- We have unique “bench strength” in two servicing offices— Birmingham and Houston.
- We have energy market expertise and senior-level relationships with underwriters (U.S., London, Europe and Bermuda) within your account service team – not spread out corporately.
- McGriff E&M is fiercely independent. We will always partner with the best resource to meet our clients’ needs and do not work with a “profit center” mentality.
McGriff’s Energy & Marine Division works closely with our Financial Services Division (management liability risks) and our Construction Risk Division (OCIP’s and surety risks) to meet the needs of our energy clients in these specialty areas.
McGriff’s Energy & Marine Division operates out of our Birmingham and Houston offices.